Friday, December 11, 2009

Thirty Nine and Holding

  1. In honor of the BIG 3-9 here’s is a list of the thirty nine quirkiest and unique things that you may and not know about me. One attribute I did not list was my inability to type, spell and correctly proofread. So here is my disclaimer for my lack of “good “writing skills.


    2.Born the youngest of 4 to Frank and Clara Nell –2 brothers Kelley, Zane and 1 sister Angela. With barely 5 years between us, we are very close, to the point that when we moved to the big house we all still slept together or very nearby. As teenager, 2-3- or all us were in the same parking lot. At high school dances my brother Kelley always sought me out to dance. Until I was really old, I slept on a cot beside Angela. Most nights, she held my hand till I went to sleep on the other night she made spooky noises.


    3.I have lived in 4 houses-the barn house, the BIG house, house I had built in Trenton and our Cracker house that is over 70 years old. The majority of my life, I have been on a family farm. I was raised on a fairly big farm. I have picked more than my share of watermelons, tobacco and vegetables than I care to reminisce about. Although the days of loading tobacco were filled with never ending excitement. The house we live in has shared occupiance with rodents that live, thrive and eventully die in my attic. I 'll be here till we build or a pecan tree falls on it.


    4.Although it may not look like it I am a mild perfectionist.


    5.I love to cook and bake ---not pies. Beau can testify that I will cook almost anything. I have cooked fresh water cooter, birds and rattlesnake just to name a few.


    6.I collect cookbooks.


    7.I am half way to retirement. Only 15 years left. After my dear friend Marsha retires, I hope to finish out my last 10 years as the librarian.


    8.I despise germs and shiver at the thought of them. Hotel beds creep me out more than words can say. The mire thought that someone slept in my bed the night before makes me want to gag and has been known to cause dry heaving over the findings revealed between the sheets.


    9.The older I get the more I look like my dad’s nieces.


    10.Nothing is more indulging to me than clean sheets. Pure Heaven.


    11.There was a time in my life that I thought I could tan my pasty white body. As a teenager, I would fry unto the point of misery in the sun while picking watermelons or laying on the deck at the lake(I also squirted lemon juice in my hair hoping to be blonder) . Nowadays the folks at the tan bedding chuckle when I say “2 minute is fine”. I cover myself in so much sunscreen I could take my lounge chair to the sun and still remain ---white.


    12.You will never find me alone at the mall, grocery store, pool, riding in a car, anywhere. Being the youngest of 4 I hate to be alone. Do you think this is a little OCD?


    13. Born procrastinator – no matter how hard I try I am always 10 minutes or more late. Have committed this problem to prayer…but am not diligently seeking guidance. I have however pin pointed the problem—I underestimate how long it takes to get out of the house.


    14. I hate to get out bed. I find the greatest of comfort and security in the depths of my bed. The snooze sounds off way longer that I am to wiling to admit publicly. From my humble understanding this is a problem many Quincey are diagnosis with. Gosh, I when our genes interfere.


    15.I collect quilts. My favorite story from ENC 1102 was Everyday Uses by Alice Walker. It is priceless.


    16My best friend Kathy, graduated summa cum laude. I on the other hand graduated Thank the Laud. I have a no AA, nor have I taken an algebra or foreign Language. My useless BA is in Psychology with all the requirements for a BA in Elementary ED minus the internships. Later, I received my masters is in reading. I have tried to talk my husband into letting me start my doctorate. He says there is really no place for advancement in GCSD to warrant the degree.


    17. I am a giver…if I see a need I will secretly try to do my best to help with the problem. I have been known to literally give the vest I was wearing to someone who complimented me on it. Nine out of ten times, I will move debris from the road so others want have a wreck dodging.


    18.My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving. I think it’s the colors’


    19.For the last 23 years I have slept with the same brown teddy bear named Whubby, prior to take it was a black and white panda. He has tagged along on most of my vacations, the birth of my 2 children, and he has been on 2 mission trips. What a companion.


    20. Scrapbooking has become my newest obsession. I just wish I was good at it.
    I don’t like to sit on other people’s furniture (or cars)because it has cooties or maybe a fallen out hair lurking somewhere. Now hair grosses me out more that any other body discharge.


    21. I suffer form hormonal headaches- I have 2 killer headaches/ migraines a month. (I have one right now)


    22 I am the absolute worse for not staying in contact with people who mean the most to me.


    23. I have learned to tell people I love them.


    24. I cry every Sunday during the church worship services. My sweet honey has learned that I am okay. I am extremely stirred by the words in the hymns. My mind wonders a hundred miles an hour. I think about my Uncle Jack and Aunt Bernice and that she’ll find comfort. I pray for Jarred am his safety over seas. I pray for Devin and Annie. I think about how much Chris and Jean would love Christopher and Charlee. I wonder why God loves a sinner like me. I ponder why and what the composer was dealing with when they wrote the words. I just love the song service.


    25. Gosh nine more to go –what was I thinking. Undoubtedly I am a mom’s girl. Even as a 39 year old, when I am sick I want her near.


    26. Everyday I run off the road. It usually follows with the lecture never over correct or you’ll flip. The kids have gotten use to it.


    27. I love babies and for the most part all of them love me. My sister and I had a home daycare business in which we had 11 kids under 2. It was the best times.


    28. I love to entertain whether it is by a bond fire, swimming pool, or crammed in my house.


    29. Pure idiots seek me out, at Wal-mart. Then I am trapped talking and counseling weirdoes. I think they sense that I have a degree in Psychology and feel the vibes that I too am an idiot and will talk to anyone. I love to make small talk with perfect strangers. Three summers ago I had a conference in DC. On the subway, I talked with old ladies, business folks and freaks. Never ride an elevator with me, I will speak to everyone riding—that is unless they have a stray hair dangling waiting to fall. Seriously, at youth camp I invited some kid back to our room for supper with our youth —he brought the silverware.


    30. My brother Zane taught me how to water ski. I attempted to ski on a pair. After a few (like 2) attempts I said let’s try one. I got up and have never been able to ski on 2. The most ironic part of this story is I am deafly afraid of the water. It is understood before I jump in that, as soon as I fall, they immediately turn around to get me before the gators and grass does. As a matter of fact I keep a life jacket wrapped around my feet in the event that the boat should flip or I fly out.


    31. I am a hoarder of family heirlooms—butter churns , cow brands, water pumps, eye glass cases, old boots –but most of all my girls clothes. It seems as though every outfit as a fond memory I don’t want to forget. Heck, I always leave one of my husband’s shirts behind when I take the rest to the cleaners, just so I can pick it up and smell it.


    32. I hate to be a passenger in the car. I usually end up with a weasy stomach and whirling head.


    33. I only drink fresh made Sweet tea, Dr Pepper, Root Beer and Mr. Pibb. if I have to I’ll sip on a very cold coke.


    34. If I am sitting on the floor, I will make a small pile of trash, in which I have plucked from the carpet.


    35. I watch very little TV. My favorite shows include –Little People Big World, What You Get for the Money, before the break up Jon and Kate, Friends but my most favorite--SNAPPED.


    36. I have been on 3 mission trips – Washington DC, Erie PA, and New Orleans, LA. Each touched area in my heart.


    37. My girls are 12 years apart. Yeah some days I wonder what was I thinking but most days I am bless to have 2 complete different and unique girls. However I don’t think Steven and I will ever be ALONE.


    38. I was introduced to my honey love by a student in my class. However the love sory began way sooner. In the late eighties I was to attend ABAC, but due to a high school love decide to stay in Chiefland. If I had gone I would have meet Steven then. Many years later while attending the Wild Beast, I spotted the hottie in Wranglers, when my sister stated He dated ___ he’ll never date you. Months later I attended a Rick Coram Revival at Mount Pleasant some cutie when walking by then turned back to look—I had no idea who he was but my heart skipped a beat. A year or so later I attended another beast feast with date who engaged in a long conversation with this handsome cowboy. Along with persuasion of my aid Missy and student Brandon, I agreed to attend a church softball game. It was here that I finally meet the man I had had numerous chance encounters with. Since that day we have only been nearly inseparable. Occasionally everybody needs a little time away.

    39. Last but not least I am a sinner saved by God’s grace. My favorite Bible story is found in Luke 10:38-42. I see myself as both Mary and Martha. Sometime I am caught up in doing the preparation like Martha that I neglect spending time at hHs feet just as Mary did. Take time today to examine your life--- are you busy with the preparations of Christmas or are you spending time with the reason for the season –Jesus.

Kimberly


5 comments:

  1. Sweet.....wow....so many interesting tidbits about you that I did not know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved it. Maybe I will get started thinking about this for my birthday. Brandon likes your song by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it! you are definately special Kim-bee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is too much... i love it... also love how some things are genetic for sure! :) Cant get over how many of these sound like me!!!! :) Hope 39 is the best year yet! Cant believe next year will be the big 4-0!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kimberly I must be way to emotional, going thru the change or something..but I think I either cried or laughed at every post...I think I can relate...you are too funny! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas! Please tell me at least ONE picture turned out descent for the Quincey's on Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm not here... but after the post if you will leave a message then I will read it and be oh so grateful someone cared enough to leave a note.